Welcome to the PressForward documentation!
PressForward is a free plugin that provides an editorial workflow for building content hubs using the WordPress web publishing platform. It is designed by the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media for bloggers and editorial teams who wish to gather, organize, and publish content from a variety of sources on the open web.
Getting Started with PressForward
There are a number of ways to get started using the plugin:
- Installation Instructions: for learning just how to install PressForward
- Quick Start Guide: for learning the basics for installing and getting started with PressForward
- User Manual: for more detailed instructions for installing and using PressForward
- FAQ: for answers to particular questions and solutions for common issues
- User Control: for learning how to customize the type of access for each user role
- Recommended Server Configuration: for details on server requirements
You can learn more about how PressForward has been prototyped and developed on our main project website. There you also will find additional details about our scalable and reproducible publication model for scholarly communities who wish to distribute high-quality, open scholarship.
We welcome volunteers to help develop and extend PressForward functionality or modules. Our GPL2 license also allows you to fork and modify the code to suit your needs.